Thursday, June 05, 2014

Yesterday we had a baking day at our place.  Paige, Emily, Taylor & Spence all baked some breads - sourdough, regular bread and cinnamon bread.  The kids all brought their own doughs that they had started making the day before and then we finished them off here - learning about steaming, spraying, oven settings, etc.

Everyone went home with a loaf and the cinnamon bread was eaten right away.

While the kids waited, they played magic and Paula and I watched How To Train a Dragon over and over again.  Spence swears I've seen it before, but I don't remember ever seeing it, so Paula lent me her copy.

Jacob came over after school and played magic with the kids and then they all headed off to Mac's for a treat and by the time they had played a few hands of magic, James had arrived to take Spence out for the night.

Paula and the kids hung out a bit more, so that traffic would lighten up and then they left as well.

In the meantime, I popped out with Karma to take her to the vet and it looks as if she has a bit of a bladder infection as she nipped the doc when her tummy was palpitated....so we'll probably get meds for her today.

Dave headed out to work, then grabbed some stuff we needed and we didn't get going on the entertainment centre till about 7pm.  I was of actual use last night as I was able to pull cables - but that's about all I was useful for.  I tried cutting a hole, but I cannot cut a straight line to save my life, so I was told to go earn some money and I went and did a bit of work before deciding to call it a night as I was reading the same lines over and over again.

Emily (front) and Paige shaping the dough

the boys chilling, while waiting for the bread to get shaped

Paige shaping the dough 

No comments: