Thursday, April 17, 2014

Yesterday was a big day all around.

Joe came over and we officially signed off on Grade 11 and moved onto Grade 12.  Spence will take the rest of this week off and next from school and we'll do our plan up for Grade 12 and then start on it the following week.

Josie went to her forever home yesterday with Tiffany and Frankie (her other dog) and then I was fosterless for about 1/2 hour before I went to pick Ellie up.

Ellie is a 10 month old healer cross, who was stabbed, shot and apparently run over by a car as well (that last one was new to me).  I had met her at the first aid course and Karma and her were best buds, so when a 2 week temporary foster stint became available for her, I took it.  Ellie has had her leg reset and it's completely healed now.  Her muscles have been knit together again and they are healing and after they heal fully, they will remove the bullet from her.  She is the sweetest dog ever - especially for one who was so abused in the first few months of her little life.

Ellie came home with Karma and me (I wanted to make sure they were still best buds) and they were together for the rest of the day along with Noc who kept coming up to Ellie and licking her paws.

Around supper time, I took Spence to Earl's as his celebratory grad dinner and we had a really good meal there.  Then he went off to play for a bit and I did a bit of work.

Around 8pm though, he came up complaining of headache, sore throat, etc and decided he was off to bed.  I was feeling about the same, so before 10pm we were both in bed and sleeping.

Today, I cancelled all our appointments, except for the therapist and we plan to just rest today and tomorrow.

Ellie & Karma playing yesterday afternoon

No comments: