Sunday, December 29, 2013

Well Friday night was my flight home - I hate Air Canada.  The airport decided I needed to pay for each surf board - not surf board bag like they said on the phone and charged in Calgary.  They decided I needed to pay a handling fee for everything - so $200 paid for luggage online and another $150 at the airport - I think they just decide on the fly what they will charge for luggage.

I will be calling to complain about the inconstancies and wrong info they provide on the phone.  At least the information should be available rather than surprise the person at the counter.

There was no line to get through security - so that was a breeze and then we got on the flight on time and were sitting ready to go.......2 hours later we left.  Not because of mechanical problems..no the pilot decided he didn't want fish or chicken - he wanted pizza - yes, you heard me right - pizza.  We waited 2 hours for pizza to arrive, so the captain could eat his pizza.

When complaints were made, he said he'd throw us off the plane and we could figure out how to get to Calgary on our own - he was the captain and his word was law, too bad, so sad if you didn't like waiting for 2 hours for pizza.

Seriously!  I will be complaining about that too.

So we land - 2 hrs late and they put us in holding in a corridor for 1.5 hours as they try to figure out what to do with 200 passengers that should have arrived 2 hours before when the airport was closed and they could route us through the right exits.  Surrounded by RCMP, TSA and US Customs officers.

Finally got out of the airport near 10am....very long flight and exit process.

Got Karma & Noc - they howled all the way home.  I spent time with them and then headed for the grocery store, bank, farmers market and Best Buy.  I scored a wicked deal on the TVs - I ended up with a 60" and a 32" for $1400 - wicked deal.  I missed out on the better deal for the 60" - I would have paid $1k - but $1400 for both isn't bad.

Once home, I made grama's hashbrown casserole and the pets and I had that for supper which was yummy and I got some unpacking done, etc.

No comments: