Friday, December 27, 2013

Today is my last day on the island and my transition day with James for the condo, truck and Spence.

I was a bit apprehensive coming to Maui this winter, given that James chose to leave Spencer and me for Tammy last Xmas and that the vacation would be spent with Marty, Helen, Leora for the entire trip and James for part of it.

I am so glad we came though - grama, grampa and auntie have been as warm and wonderful as they have been for the past 20 years that I've known them and they made both Spence and I feel like we were still part of the family and I enjoyed all the various activities and dinners we shared.

I leave today and Spence gets an extra week with his grandparents, auntie and dad - I am hoping he continues to enjoy his time here as much as I know he has up to now (despite his teenage complaining).

Thank you again, grama and grampa for a great once in a lifetime trip for us.

No comments: