Friday, September 20, 2013

Well - lot's happened between the 11th and the 19th, including my laptop power cord died and I ended up getting very sick on the 2nd to last day of our walking tour and never did the last day of walking.

Between all of that, the scenery was beautiful and the people were very warm and welcoming in general.  Santiago Compestella was a beautiful city and wasn't as touristy as I had thought it would be given that it is the end point to several different Camino's and the central airport hub for the area.

Madrid was everything I had expected - we stayed in the old part of the city and did an additional 10k a day walking to all the sites - all of this while Kirsten had strained/sprained her ankle - she is more of a trooper than I was when I got sick for sure.

It is nice to be home though :)

No comments: