Friday, August 02, 2013

Spence got dropped off at 9:30 and by then Karma had been dropped off at daycare and I had done a few chores.

Spence and I did some school - math, reading, printing, spelling, drums, costume work, some art, cleaning up a bit, etc.

I headed off to the bank to pickup my cash euro's for Spain and then once home continued with chores.  My migraine is still hanging about and I've got stuffed sinus' today, so I'm thinking I've got a cold or something coming on.

I managed to paint the shelving unit, some more veneer buckled - but I need a break from working on them, so I'm going to leave it for now.  I watched a mouse sit on my cilantro plant and eat the cilantro leaves (didn't know they liked them).  Spence and I decided on Indian for dinner and so I pulled out a bunch of stuff from the freezer and added some tikka masala sauce for his chicken - feast tonight :)

We'll be having chicken tikka masala, daal maakini, mushroom mattar, lacha, naan, papudam and rice.  So glad I had all those in the freezer.

I also tried making cashew milk today as a treat - easy, quick and delish.  I won't make it all the time cause of the cost, but it is creamy and better tasting than the store bought stuff.  I used honey to sweeten it but later read you can use dates for a really nice flavor - will try that next time.

Well, it's almost time to get Karma and take another headache pill and then do some paid work this evening as Spence catches up playing WoW tonight.

No comments: