Sunday, June 03, 2012

Sooo tired after today.

I got to sleep in until 9 with the pups and then we got rollin with waffles and espresso for James and I and soup for Spence. 

James and Spence headed off just before lunch to Talisman for their various activities there and I stayed home to bake and cook.  I had planned on making lasagna, but discovered a lack of noodles and decided on chorizo with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn/peas for supper instead.  So after I had made the lasagna sauce, I made the other supper. 

While that was cooking along, I got some baking done - bread (we were fresh out), banana bread for breakfasts and some madeline cookies for our sweets this week (forgot the lemon zest - urg). 

I was done, about 10 minutes before I had planned to leave to get Spence and so I had enough time to take the dogs out for a quick walk before putting them in our room for an hour or two.

I grabbed Spence and we headed off to the military museum for their open house (pictures to follow), while James finished his swim practice.

Spence and I met up with a bunch of other h/s families and we ended up spending the afternoon with Sam & Kelly.

We left after the final fight and headed home to see grama & grampa before they left for the Island.  Grama & grampa had dropped by to visit before their flight and it was great to see them again.  Grama traded the duplicate pandora for a really cute new one.

Once they left, we had supper and walked the dogs before we settled in for the night.

No comments: